By downloading products from PepperHorn.com and PepperHorn Music you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- All sales are final – sorry, but we can’t offer returns on our products because they’re digital download files. Most of our products are also bound by a licensing agreement with a publisher or starving musician, so unfortunately once you’ve purchased a chart it’s all yours. So please read the product descriptions carefully when you make your selections. If you have any questions drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are provided a license for the use of the material subject to the terms of this agreement – basically when you purchase a chart or download on mp3 from us you don’t ‘own’ it (well … you do get to download it and all, but you know where we’re going with this..). Instead you are granted a license to use the material subject to a few stipulations:
1. The copy of the chart/mp3 is for your own personal use. So please don’t share it about. The material you’re now using is copyrighted by PepperHorn and, in most cases the original artist or their representatives. So please don’t share it online, trade it on swapping sites or sell it onwards to others. We pay licenses back to the copyright owners so that everyone gets to pay their bills and feed their kids. Please respect the material and the artists that are working to bring it to you
2. You are licensed a certain number of copies. The number of copies you can print off will vary depending on the product you’ve purchased and who we license it from. Music directly licensed to PepperHorn from our PepperHorn Collections or Originals artists has a set number of copies you can print off. (See the ‘Your Downloads‘ section for details). Charts licensed through our E-Partners agreement with Faber Music (UK) has a 7 day expiry limit, so you have 7 days to make your copies and then the license and access to the chart expires. Please see the product description for more details or give us a shout at email@example.com with any questions you have on the specific licenses.
3. You may NOT photocopy our music. Our products are covered under a digital download license, so you’re licensed a certain number of copies that you can access and print from ‘Your Account’ in the PepperHorn Music website. You’ll notice our music has a ‘Do not photocopy, This music has been legally downloaded’ box on most pages. Please make your copies from ‘Your Account’ in the PepperHorn Music website.
4. You can not make copies for multiple bands. Seriously. I know you probably gig with a bunch of different bands in the area, but if you’re making money from the chart please buy a copy for each band. Say you leave them down the road – that way everyone’s sorted and we can pay our artists. Karma will be yours!
5. You are allowed to perform our charts in any live venue for non-commercial or commercial purposes. Yep. Have at it. Kids B-day parties, Pubs, Serviceman’s clubs, Petrol stations, Train stations, Police cells. Public Parks, on Go-Karts, in mid-flight or late at night. The world is your oyster! But if you don’t mind check and see if the venue you’re working has a license from your local Performing Rights Organization (ie. BMI, ASCAP, SOCAN, PRS, APRA, etc.) That way the artists can get their proper share of the royalties that the P.R.O.s collect for live performing rights. Every little bit helps. Thanks!
6. You can NOT record any chart for commercial purposes. (Please check with your legal representation or PRS — I’m not a lawyer! Read on…)Demos are cool. For real – how would you get booked and buy more charts and mp3s if you can’t record a demo?!? . The only caveat here is that (and I’m not a lawyer here) posting your demo recording to Youtube playing the newest flavor of the month from Lady Ga-Ga is probably a breach of copyright. So use your noodle here. It usually doesn’t steer you too wrong.
7. You CAN make a recording of our charts with a recording license. Licenses are available for a very reasonable fee for most of the charts we offer. This money will go back to the arrangers to keep them in ink and quills (man, those quills are darn expensive!). So please buy a recording license before including our tunes on your next gold record. BUT – and this is a big butttt – our recording licenses are by no means a clearance from the songwriter or copyright holder. You will need permission from the song writer, their publishing company and/or record label in order to record someone else’s work. The only exception to this rule is for some of the artists we represent directly through PepperHorn Originals. Please read through the recording license info carefully before committing yourself to pressing 1000 CDs and pawning them off on your nearest and dearest! PepperHorn will not be responsible if you haven’t done your due diligence before recording a copyrighted work. (snap.)
8. Please don’t sell on or trade our material … really guys. I know this one has been touched on before, but PepperHorn is committed to being a small, niche operation serving you, the professional, hard-working musician and entertainment professional! If you pass on our charts or mp3s for free or for sale (shame on you ) we’ll have to close up shop. Not to mention that we’re responsible for paying royalties back to the artists we work with and their publishers. We’re not a big, faceless corporation that you can justify ripping off (I know those guys deserve it, don’t they … jk). Please help us continue to bring you high quality, affordable music to play and enjoy. Thanks – we seriously appreciate it.
9. Your sheet music purchase or MP3/Album download is subject to a usage license. That license depends on the particular product and who we’ve licensed it from. Have a look in the product description for details or have a look here in our FAQ for detailed info. Our default license for sheet music products is 5 views/prints. For MP3s and Album downloads it is 5 download attempts. Material licensed from our other partners may have its own specific license terms, such as a 7 day license. In that case you will have to print ALL OF YOUR COPIES within 7 days from purchase as your license to access the sheet music ends after that 7 days. If you have lost your copies and need another print after the 7 days you will have to re-purchase that item. These restrictions are part of our many, varied licensing agreements with our partners around the world and are all a part of bringing you professional quality, fully licensed music products. If you have any questions about a particular product license don’t hesitate to ask! Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some things you can do with your charts or mp3s:
1. Enjoy them! Have fun! Really! That’s what you got into this caper for in the first place. Or it’s the reason why you’re working the red eye shift as a security guard to pay for your fetish for Mesa Boogie gear. YOU’RE A MUSICIAN! Lots of people would kill to do what you do so have a good time doing it. And its proven to prevent heart disease! (not really).
2. If you dig us let others know! We’d really appreciate it and we really like working with you. You’re the reason why we do what we do so that you can do what you do so that they can get their groove on! (phew!). So if you let your other muso buddies know about us we can bring you more and more material.
3. If you do make a recording/demo/etc let us know! For reals! We’re like grandmothers with a picture book of the cute little kids – we love to show you off. You’re our pride and joy – you’re putting our hard work into practice and we like to thank you for it! So give Shaun a shout at Shaun@pepperhorn.com and be sure to give us a link to your mp3, website or vids. We’ll glow over them and show them to all our friends at Bridge!!
4. Try something new. There’s lots of guys out there doing Elvis or Buble or Tom Jones or Jacko. Who’s doing Canefire or Organically Grown? Only Carefire or Organically Grown, that’s who! Be original by playing originals. All of the hits you know and love had to start somewhere. Let them start with you. Hopefully you’ll be inspired to contribute your own ditty to the history of Popular Music lore. And we’d be glad to help you get it out there! Let us know!
5. Give us feedback! We’re here to provide you with the material you need. So if you’re sick of all the darn Cha-Cha’s and Rhumba Medley No #666 and think we need some more good ole Rock ‘N Roll let us know! Give us a bell at info@PepperHorn.com or go straight to the big cheese at Shaun@PepperHorn.com! We live for your hate mail and love letters so have-attem!
6. Promote yourself! You’re good and you know it. Or maybe you don’t think you’re the cat’s pajamas, but you’re working hard, damn it! Let others know about it. Google some help or read our blog posts or ask around other bands. Get other people out to hear you. Music is awesome! Share it! Be proud of what you do with your group and get people out to your gigs!
And the final Term of Use is that you have to accept our sincere, heart-felt thanks for visiting our little-pub-co-that could and playing in our sandbox! And if you’ve bought a chart and given it a go double-Thanks!! We really appreciate your purchase as money’s not always easy to come by in the crotchet and quaver business – and hopefully we’ve provided you with a quality product that will help you further your musical and business aspirations. Thanks from Shaun and all the gang who work at and through PepperHorn Music for your patronage. We can’t do it without you!
Neither PepperHorn Music (part of PepperHorn Pty. Ltd.) nor its agents or employees shall be held liable for the contents of this website including without limitation any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. PepperHorn Music accepts no responsibility for the content of sites to which it has links.